Welcome to Metcalfe Briggs Surveyors

Surveying services include party wall surveys, leasehold dilapidations, condition surveys, building dispute resolution and more, in the Kent, London and Essex areas.


Metcalfe Briggs Surveyors The Old Engine House, Goblands Farm, Cemetery Lane, Hadlow, Kent, TN11 0LT

About us

Our philosophy is to provide surveying services that are appropriate, having understood our client’s needs.

We have an open and transparent culture throughout all levels of the company which creates effective and adaptable buildings advice. Our aim is to keep these values at the heart of our work so that we are approachable, whilst acting professionally. We provide chartered surveying services for clients throughout the South East UK, including Kent, London, Essex and surrounding areas.

Services & Staff

Type of surveyor

  • Chartered Building Surveyor


  • Building surveying
  • Commercial property
  • Condition surveys
  • Dilapidations
  • Dispute resolution
  • Expert witness
  • Insurance
  • Party walls
  • Repair & restoration
  • Stock condition
  • Building maintenance
  • Contract administration
  • Defects
  • Schools & educational premises
  • RICS Condition Report

Business type

Private Practice

Partners and Directors

  • Mr P W Kelley MRICS
  • Mr R T Metcalfe BSc FRICS


Contact Metcalfe Briggs Surveyors

RICS Regulated
Firms that come under RICS regulation are easy to spot as they use the words 'Regulated by RICS' on their letterhead and other communication materials. Regulated firms must follow the RICS Rules of Conduct for Firms and are held to a higher standard in areas such as staff training, professional indemnity insurance, complaints handling and security of clients' money.

Firms that are Regulated by RICS commit to the highest professional and ethical standards. In the rare cases where disciplinary action has been taken against a firm, records are published online.

If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact RICS Regulation at regulation@rics.org. Alternatively, if you wish to make a complaint, please contact complaints@rics.org.