Welcome to John E McMillan & Associates

Building Surveying is the main activity of the firm


John E McMillan & Associates 38 Bouverie Square, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 1BA

About us

The practice was established in 1966 by John E McMillan FRICS, ACIArb.  John retired from the practice in 2013. 
Iain S McMillan, MRICS joined the practice in 1986 and remains as sole practitioner.
Iain became a Professional Associate in the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors in 1994.

Building Surveying is the main activity of the firm and since qualifying in 1994 Iain has regularly been involved in the inspection of buildings, both residential and commercial, for the purpose of preparing Building Survey reports usually on behalf of prospective purchases.

Iain also undertakes design work, preparing drawings for alterations, extensions to property and for new buildings, preparation of specifications of work supervision/contract administration of building works on site and the detailed investigation of building defects and reporting upon the same.
Tonia Plummer, Personal Assistant, joined the practice in 2005.
Together Tonia and Iain work to provide the service that every client deserves

Services & Staff

Type of surveyor

  • Chartered Building Surveyor


  • Building surveying
  • Condition surveys
  • Damp
  • Defects
  • Dilapidations
  • Party walls
  • Residential surveys

Business type

Private Practice

Regulated since


Partners and Directors

  • Mr I S McMillan MRICS


Contact John E McMillan & Associates

RICS Regulated
Firms that come under RICS regulation are easy to spot as they use the words 'Regulated by RICS' on their letterhead and other communication materials. Regulated firms must follow the RICS Rules of Conduct for Firms and are held to a higher standard in areas such as staff training, professional indemnity insurance, complaints handling and security of clients' money.

Firms that are Regulated by RICS commit to the highest professional and ethical standards. In the rare cases where disciplinary action has been taken against a firm, records are published online.

If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact RICS Regulation at regulation@rics.org. Alternatively, if you wish to make a complaint, please contact complaints@rics.org.